Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Josee Reblooming Lilac

When I received four Josee Reblooming Lilacs in a grab bag from Spring Hill Nursery, my first thought was, "Oh, I really like these!" My second thought was, "Where can we plant these? I have no place for them."

My husband and children suggested that I plant one on the front corner of the house where my blueberry plant was located. Thus I dug up the blueberry and replanted it in a temporary location. The lilac was then planted as suggested and seems to like its new location. One down, three to go.

Removing the grass
Next, I rallied my children and we started making a new garden bed, removing grass from in front of the left side of our fence in the front yard. When we found that the grass removal was harder than I had expected, we convinced "Daddy" to come and help us. all of the lilacs are now planted and look like they are thriving in their new locations.
Newly planted little reblooming lilacs (Click on photo to enlarge)
Religious Name: Ascension Flower
Botanical Name: Syringa Josee 'Josee'

Height: 4-6'
Space: 4-5'
Sun Exposure: Full Sun

No comments: