Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fragrant Sunshine Wallflower (Erysimum Walfrasun)

Last year, we added Erysismum Walfrasun to one of our garden beds after purchasing it on clearance at Fred Meyer for $2.50. I thought that I had found a great location for it. However, when I saw the leaves remain green all winter and how large it was getting, I decided that I had a better location for the Wallflower. I decided that it would look better where everyone can see it. I really like the bright yellow flowers, as they contrast nicely with the red azaleas and roses, and the green grass. I also like the delicious scent of the flowers.

I would like to keep this plant in this location, but I think that, come fall or winter, I might need to plant it back in the ground or move the pot closer to the house. I have read that Fragrant Sunshine Wallflower does not like cold wet winters. Our winters aren't always cold, but they are usually wet.

Marian Name: Mary's flower

No comments: